Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cake Pops and More....

Cake balls are becoming quite popular and are a great alternative for little party snacks. I've taken Bakerella's idea of putting them on a stick. You can visit her website for much much more on these and more recipes.
These are ones I made for a little Easter party. They were strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting and covered in these cute little colorful egg sprinkles I found.



These are my little different take on the cake pop. I had these little tool sugar shapes I wanted to use, so I found a silicone brownie bite mold and made them into little squares. I made chocolate and yellow cakes and then mixed some of them together for marbled pops (These were my favorite!). Covered some in milk chocolate and some in dark chocolate and added the sugar shapes on top. Great alternative to carrying a big cake to a party.
Here are some pics I took of the steps along the way.


And the finished product! These do take a little bit of time, but will be worth it as everyone raves about them. Next, I'd like to try the Oreo and white chocolate cake balls. They sound very yummy!

Recipe:

  • Your favorite cake mix
  • Your favorite tub of frosting
  • Chocolate wafers or almond bark
  • Lollipop sicks
  • Optional: sprinkles, decorations etc
Prepare the cake mix as directed on box. After it is cooled, you can slice off the top (as it's not as pretty to have browned pieces in your cake pops). Dig out all of the middle of the cake and put into a bowl. The cake should crumble very easily. Then add the frosting to the cake and mix together. I would start with about 2/3 of the tub, then add more if it seems dry. Start shaping into balls place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to chill and make them easier to work with. You can add the stick into the ball, dip into the melted chocolate, and decorate. Get creative! Keep chilled in the refrigerated until used.

A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails