Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wall Collages

I had a large wall that needed some sprucing up. So I gathered a collection of frames, all sizes and and styles. Then just printed out a bunch of snapshots. You can do all black and white or mix some color photos in and you can mix pictures, crosses, or any other wall decor for your collage. The large frame in the middle I found at Kirklands and it holds 18 5x7 pics, so it's pretty large. Most of the smaller ones are Hobby Lobby finds.

Here's the tricky part for me. I am an accountant by heart so random placement of pictures is a bit of a challenge for me. I laid them all out on the floor and re-arranged until I got them just right. Then hung them up on the wall.

Here are a few examples we have done. Remember, you want it to be random. Have fun!
Here's another version of the same concept except in an entry way. Yes, we shop at the same places and our homes look VERY similar. Our husbands and kids get confused on whose house they are in sometimes. :)

Yet another wall collage idea. I have a very small powder bathroom and wanted to do something to make it stand out. I started with several crosses and it just didn't work for me. I kept adding more and more thinking that bigger was better. Then it finally dawned on me to go for a ceiling to floor collage. Now it looks like 3-D wallpaper and is now over the top dramatic, especially with the red paint background.


A&J

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails