Monday, December 27, 2010

Incorporating all those gifts...

Ok, now that Christmas is over, what do you do with all the extra STUFF you thought was a great gift idea, but then didn't give much thought to how it would actually fit in your house.  Luckily I was able to make a few moves in the playroom for these fun new gifts.
Katie got this adorable Disney talking vanity from Santa...
It can't sit in a corner all by itself, so I made this Audery Hepburn sign to go with it.  I tried to make it look like a Tiffany's box.  Decal from Etsy and I googled the actual paint color for a Tiffany' box.  I can save you time and reveal the big secret here..... Behr Sweet Rhapsody.  It's a perfect match and I love it.  I bought extra so I can use this color more.
 Added a few other frames and voila.  Her own vanity corner.  I already know I'll add more to this corner.  I'm loving it.
Since I was taking pics of the playroom, I couldn't help to snap a pic of the kitchen corner just because I really like it.
I found this little shelf at a garage sale and painted it black.  Guess what color it's going to change to now. :)  Anyway, I digress.  I let the girls pick some items out of the pantry that they thought would be fun for their pretend kitchen.  Yes, they are all empty.
This playroom is so much fun to decorate.  It is a challenge because it's one big long room with an odd angled ceiling.  It makes decorating the walls almost impossible.  It's always a work in progress.  But it sure is fun.  Makes me want to post more areas.  I actually have to clean them first.  As you might guess, it's not exactly pristine. 

A&J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails